Thursday, April 1, 2010

Now that my paper is almost done it feels like taking that first breath of fresh air after swimming under water. It was a long and time-consuming process that I never thought I would finally tie together. Between work, being a mom and wife, and of course a student, I wasn't sure how I could find the time to really do my best without having to sacrifice time elsewhere to complete it. Well, I did have to sacrifice a few things to get the job done, but I am really very happy and I feel very accomplished in my work and efforts. That is the best part of the whole experience; reading the final product and kind of looking back on everything it took to create this final product. All the stress and anxiety over time, losing my patience, and having those mental blocks because I wasn't sure if I was heading in the right direction. Then of course revising, adding and taking away of certain passages and spending several hours researching and cross checking my results. Yeah, I'm glad that it is over. Something that came a lot easier to me this term was implementing APA in the paper. This is my fourth term with Kaplan and I have written 5 papers and lots of discussion posts that have given me the practice and the confidence to apply this format to my work. Boy oh boy, I thought this day would never come!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renee,

    Mastering APA basics gives you a great foundation for crediting sources throughout your career. Although other citation styles could be required in your future workplace, practicing APA gives you the knowledge of why and when to cite your sources. Almost every profession uses a style manual for whatever style they practice. Referencing a manual for the details is all you need. Congratulations.

    This is a great description of the term process and research evolution. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete